Friday, January 5, 2007

My Jerry Maguire moment




In 1996 the movie Jerry Maguire tells the story of a professional sports agent whose crisis of faith leads him to write a document that advocates a new mission statement that brings about better service, fewer clients, and less focus on the bottom line. After his distributes his new mission statement to his co-agents and board of directors it gets him fired from his high profile job.


I write this not because I am looking to get myself fired or I think in anyway, that my board of directors don't get what I'm talking about. I'm writing this because I feel an affinity with the passion and the direction of Jerry Maguire as has an epiphany about his calling, the people he works with and for, and the strategic moves that are passionately felt, in order to make a difference in the world. So today... I have had my Jerry MaGuire moment, and above is the document I have written entitled "The death and revival of the church."



My hope is that it gets you fired up... and doesn't get me fired.

No comments: