Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Police at the Shoreline

Last night I went to the Police concert at the Shoreline. I've never ever been to one of their live performances but I've always have been a fan since the early 80's. I wasn't sure how well they would play given Sting has got to be nearing his 60's... but much to my surprize they rocked the house.





Sting sounds seasoned, Andy Summers guitar ripped, and Stuart Copeland seems to improve with age.




In fact, I was more mezmorized by their sound and each members unique contribution that made them as great as they are... Sting's voice and his audience chanting "EEOOO...OO" that seems to fit in every song and you never get tired of.










Andy's echoing guitar and synth fills that some how floods the entire stage as if they had two more guitar and keys playing along. Couple those two with Stuarts innovative drumming and precussion. I mean this when I say that Stuart Copeland has the most unique fills in his drumming that make you want to just watch him in amazement for duration of the concert.




I love the synergy and innovation of the Police the most. They replicated no one elses sound... but worked to find their own voice. Once they identified their nitch the hit it again and again and again. The gained momentum and never looked back. I must admit that I'm drawn to make some cheesy connection to the local church finding synergy and its voice... but I shall refrain.

No comments: