Monday, November 24, 2008

Beautiful Day Blood Drive


This year we decided to open another night to donateblood.  The past few years we have brought in around 100 units ofblood.  This year we have 160 donors come in and we gave a total of 140 usableunits.  Offering the other night gave people the option to donate onWednesday, and serve in a project on Saturday.  We were suprized at theturn out, and are grateful for the opportunity to save lives.

 

This was my first time donating blood.  It wasn’tas bad as I thought it would be, and I’m not foolish enough to think thatI don’t need to sit down and have a snack (or 4) and let my body re-coopa bit.  No passing out for me.  I actually asked them to take bloodfrom my left arm so I could micro blog with my iphone in my right hand.  ThankGod for Posterous and Twitter.

 

Here’s what someone wrote to me after I blogged aboutdonating blood… As the recipient of not one, but two blood transfusions inmy lifetime thank you.”

 

It’s not every day that you get to save a life!

 

 

Posted by email from Jon Talbert's posterous

No comments: