Wednesday, October 13, 2010

You lookinig for ways to do something Heroic for the Planet???

Calling all people who want to change the world... Guess what? YOU CAN!!!

I talk to thousands of people every year and they ask me... "How can we get involved?". I usually tell them that I'm married, at which they give me a HUGE eye-roll and say... "You know what I mean!!"

The truth is... I DO know what you mean. You would like to make a difference in the world and do something that helps other people.

First of all, let me welcome you to the planet where real HEROS are discovered and empowered every day... Regular people (like you and me) given an opportunity to do something for another person that actually changes the world.

On the right side of my blog where it says... "Cool organizations that Rock the Community", you can click through some amazing local organizations that need people like you to serve. Below that is another section that I call "Cool organizations that Rock the Planet"... there you can find organizations where you go respond to needs around the world.

(note: each organization has a link that allows you to respond, give, or volunteer... look carefully before you respond)

Some call that Volunteer Hours... (I think that sounds lame), but I like to call it "Dishin out the Love".

Either way... there is something that everyone can do. You just need to look around and start checking things out.

The worst thing is to do nothing. Everyone loses when you do nothing. You do... the community does... and the world stays the same.

OK... enough of my ranting. Check things out... you'll be glad you did!!!

No comments: