Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chocolate Homelessness



Here’s a Love-Hate thing that you don’t see too often.



I LOVE Chocolate… and I HATE Homelessness.

I do

Those are both emphatic statements that I stand by… and I’m confident will be lifelong Love-Hate principles for me.

I love different sorts of chocolates… lots of caramel, almond, coconut. I’m a lover of dark chocolate. I love even thinking about chocolate.

Ironically, in contrast…

I hate different kinds of homelessness… loss of jobs, disabilities, mental-illness. I’m a hater of chronic homelessness. I hate even thinking about homelessness.

For me… Chocolate is the antithesis of Homelessness (yes, "antithesis"... I looked it up!)

On May 1st, I will respond to my Love-Hate dilemma by participating as the MC/Comic for the Rivers of Chocolate event at the Mountain winery in Saratoga CA.

Rivers of Chocolate has established itself as the premier chocolate tasting event in Northern California. Each year finds additional chocolatiers and restaurateurs creating confections to fit the theme. Proceeds from the event benefit EHC LifeBuilders, providing vital shelter and services for homeless individuals and families in Silicon Valley.

To purchase tickets or to find out more information, go to www.riversofchocolate.org


No comments: