Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Modern Day Hero's

Every once in a while you meet a modern day hero. Tom Randall is one of the most recent that I've had the previledge to interact with. Tom is this larger than life character who serves in the most unusal ways to introduce people to Jesus and to care for the forgotten peoples of this world. Tom serves as a communicator and chaplain for the PGA Seniors tour. His connections with pro golfers is one of the many networks that he leverages for making impact to orphans and lost people around the world.





On June 16th Tom will be riding his bike 2500 miles from the Pacific Coast over three mountain ranges and through Oregon, Idoho, Wyoming, South Dakoda,a d Minnesota in 27 days.

The funds pledged so far is over $317,000 towards building orphanages and sponsering kinds in the Philippines.

What I love most about this is the relentless passion for what intuitively seems right and God directed. Tom looks at the obvious obsticles as a chance for God to show himself... and for Tom to have yet another story to tell.

God continues to show me... that when He puts something in your heart to do, and it sounds and seems unconventional, unimaginable, and maybe even ridiculous... that obedience opens doors for God to show up in ways no one every would have imagined.

Most people who hear Tom tell me "I love his stories. I wish God used me that way." All I can think of is "it ain't Tom... its the power of Him whom Tom abandons himself to in faith."

God I pray that those who read this post would be more empowered with your spirit as they completely abondon themselves in faith to do strangly unusual for your kingdom.

Check Tom's progress and journey at www.bike4kids.blogspot.com

I've included Tom in my list of "Sites that are changing the world"

No comments: