Sunday, September 14, 2008

The picture of a rare beauty


This is my lovely wife Cheri.  She is with one of “herbabies” (she calls them).  The blond haired boy is Ryder Ingram…son of Ryan and Jenny Ingram.  With my wife’s Mexican heritage youwould think that there is no way that we would ever have a blond kid. However, some how back in 1990 we managed to have one special ordered from God. 

 

One of the things that I love about Cheri is that she is anatural nurturer.  She loves the Ingram babies like her own.  However,she loves so many kids as she is the mentor mom for WestGate Church(our home church where I work).  My kids benefitted from her nurturing ways…not only as recipients but also as learners, for they will one day have kids oftheir own (which I’ve commanded them to do… in due season), andthey will draw on the wealth of knowledge they received from the lovely andgracious Cheri.  Also, I look forward to the day when my kids and theirspouses bring our g-babies over to the house.  My wife will be in anotherworld… (as will I) and she will again get to do what God has designed herto do… winsome and joyful nurturing.  Our children, ourgrandchildren, and their children (who I’m convinced we will see much of theirlives) will glow because of the legacy that Cheri has initiated.

 

 

Posted by email from Jon Talbert's posterous

No comments: